canon printer drivers
Download and Install Canon Printer Drivers
Download and Install Canon Drivers and Software
Follow these steps to install additional Canon drivers or software for your printer / scanner. 1. Go to Canon Support.
2. Enter your Canon model in the box.
3. When your model appears below the box, click it.
4. Select Drivers & Downloads to the right of the image of your model.
5. Select the Drivers, Software or Firmware tab depending on what you want to download.
6. Choose the Select button to the right of the software or driver file you wish to download.
7. The Select button then becomes a Close button.
8. Install your download Once the download is complete, double-click on the file from the download location.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
10. Learn how to find Mac drivers for printers and scanners with AirPrint. Note Mac users will need to double-click the .PKG file which appears after double-clicking the downloaded file.
How to Download Drivers for a Canon Inkjet Printer
The correct device drivers must be installed for a Canon Inkjet Printer to function properly. The device drivers are, typically, located on the installation CD included with the device at the time of purchase. The drivers for your device will be installed, automatically, once the installation CD has been run on your computer. When the installation CD is not available, the correct drivers can often be downloaded and installed from the manufacturer's website. Additionally, Canon sometimes provides updates step-by-step instructions on how to download, install and update the device drivers for a Canon Inkjet Printer.
step 1: Gather the required information.
a. Write down the product type, series name and model number of your Canon Inkjet Printer.
b. Take down the manufacturer and version of your computer's operating system.
step 2 : Access Canon's Service and Support website.
a. Perform an Internet search using the key words "Canon service support" or go to the Canon support page that is linked in the Sources section of this article.
b. If you use a search engine to find the support page, click the link at the top of the results to be taken directly to Canon's customer support page.
step 3. Navigate to the specific page for downloading your printer's driver Select "Support and Drivers," under Service and Support located in the column on the left.
a. The support and driver's page will open. Select the Printers and Multifunction option from the Product Type list in the center of the page.
b. Select your device series from the Product Family list in the column on the right.
c. Click on the image with the model number that matches your printer.
d. You will be redirected to the support and service page for your inkjet printer.
step 4 : Download the drivers for your Canon inkjet printer. Select Drivers and Software from the column on the far left.
a. Click the arrow on the menu box labeled "Choose your operating system" and highlight your computer's operating system.
b. Read the disclaimer and click "I Agree � Begin Download" to begin the download process.
c. Click "Save," when prompted, to save the installation file to the downloads folder on your computer.